Hoosier Nationwide Forest is situated within the hills of south central Indiana and is comprised of 4 separate sections. This space offers the very best climbing trails and nature experiences for Indianapolis or Louisville, KY residents. There are 27 totally different path techniques to select from with the very best climbing trails listed beneath. Official Web site.
Click on right here for extra nationwide park hikes!
You too can view our suggestions on climbing gear and tenting tools!
Trailhead Traveler’s Really helpful Hikes in Hoosier Nationwide Forest
- Pate Hole Path: 7.7 miles
- Hike by means of blended hardwoods with views of Lake Monroe. The trailhead will be discovered throughout the Paynetown State Recreation Space.
- Sycamore Loop: 4.7 miles
- Follows the Sycamore Department of Salt Creek. The Hickory Ridge Lookout Tower marks a very good place to begin.
- Hemlock Cliffs: 1.Four miles
- A field canyon with sandstone rock formations and season waterfalls. The trailhead is just a few miles drive off of IN 37