Tis the season to be grateful. I do know it has been awhile since I despatched an electronic mail replace and needed to share some highlights from the final a number of months.
Summer time 2018
I spent summer time within the mountains and completed one in all my main targets from the previous couple years: I summited Mount Rainier and stood on high of my fifth Washington volcano. A mission that has spanned 5 years. Along with Rainier, I skilled with heavy packs and was capable of summit different peaks, like Eldorado and Sloan.
I haven’t been again east for fall foliage since shifting to the PNW. My favourite season within the east, I used to be itching to return. Since a lot of the 12 months I had a distant job, I deliberate an epic highway journey to tick off 6 new U.S. states I had but to go to whereas mountaineering to three states’ excessive peaks, Mount Katahdin in Maine, Mount Washington in New Hampshire, and Mount Marcy in New York.
PLUS, we acquired a camper van!
After not having a company job since February 2017, I lastly bit the bullet and am contracting for an organization in Seattle. Although it has been an adjustment to commuting and being at a desk once more, I’m having fun with the perks of a full-time job, extra money and cheaper insurance coverage!
I’m staying native for the vacations and am itching for the snow to start out falling within the mountains by embracing the Seattle rain.
The place I traveled:
- July: Seattle vacationer with sister in-laws, Westport, Washington
- August: Leavenworth, Washington, Ketchikan, Alaska
- September: Olympic Peninsula, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire
- October: Vermont, New York, Pennsylvania
- November: Olympic Peninsula, Canada
Out of doors adventures:
- June: Goat Rocks backcountry snowboarding, Teanaway peaks, Exit 38 climbing, Mount Baker mountaineering, and Camp Schurman mountaineer coaching
- July: Camp Muir, Sloan Peak mountaineering, Washington river floats, Exit 38 climbing, and Eldorado mountaineering
- August: Mount Rainier – Emmons route summit, Leavenworth mountain biking and climbing, mountaineering and salmon fishing in Ketchikan, and Washington mountaineering
- September: Backpacking to the Enchanted Valley, self-rescue climbing course in Leavenworth, mountaineering and tenting in Acadia Nationwide Park, mountaineering Mount Katahdin, and mountaineering Mount Washington
- October: Mountain climbing Mount Marcy, climbing on the Gunks, mountaineering in North Cascades, and climbing at Vantage
- November: Razor clamming on the Olympic Peninsula, and snowboarding in Whistler
What’s subsequent for December?
Wish to know what I’ve deliberate? Join my month-to-month emails for an unique replace.