When it comes to headlamps, PETZL is one particular of the most trusted organizations about. Irrespective of whether you are backpacking, hunting, climbing, or just operating on a project in your backyard at evening, their items will do the job. In this post, we will take a appear at the PETZL ACTIK CORE and the PETZL TIKKINA.
Lately I went on a trip to Southwest Texas to hunt Axis deer and Aoudad. What a lot more of a fantastic chance was I going to have to test out a couple distinctive headlamps from Petzl. The two models I made use of have been the PETZL ACTIK CORE and the PETZL TIKKINA each from the PETZL TIKKA line of lamps.
When in Texas we had a excellent chance to attempt out each headlamps to see which would be finest for moving about camp immediately after dark. Very first, the PETZL TIKKINA and the PETZL ACTIK CORE have a excellent match. The adjustable headband has a safe match on each models and is pretty comfy when in use for an extended period of time. Each the PETZL TIKKINA and PETZL ACTIK CORE function an adjustable light that can also be made use of with compatible mounts to spot the light on a helmet or bicycle.
When I genuinely like each models, the PETZL ACTIK CORE was noticeably brighter than the PETZL TIKKINA, as it packs an more 200 lumes. For a hunting application, the more lumens are a big advantage as I could be field dressing immediately after sundown. I adore that each are compatible with a rechargeable battery as effectively as regular AAA batteries. As a hunter, this is fantastic since I can routinely use the rechargeable batteries but constantly have the regular batteries as a backup just in case. Also, each give a wide variety of brightness setting which is perfect based on the existing application you are employing it for and the level of brightness necessary.
I extremely suggest each models but at the finish of the day I personally assume it is worth spending the added cash and going for the PETZL ACTIK CORE. The greater lumen output coupled with the potential to adjust to distinctive brightness settings give you slightly a lot more flexibility.
Detailed specs and description for each and every of the models is listed under:
- 450 lumens
- Two beam patterns (flood or mixed) and various white brightness levels)
- Red lighting preserves evening vision
- Reflective headband for evening visibility
- Rechargeable and quick to use:
– CORE battery charges by way of micro USB port
– HYBRID Notion style: ACTIK CORE comes with the CORE rechargeable battery and also performs with 3 regular batteries
– single button for speedy and quick choice of brightness or light colour
– detachable, washable headband
– LOCK function to prevent accidentally turning it on for the duration of transit or storage
- Compatible with mounting accessories that let the lamp to be attached to any sort of helmet, or to a bicycle
- 250 Lumens
- 3 white lighting levels: proximity, movement and distance
- Single button for speedy and quick lighting level choice
– HYBRID Notion style: TIKKINA comes with three regular batteries and is also compatible with the CORE rechargeable battery
– detachable, washable headband
- Compatible with mounting accessories that let the lamp to be attached to any sort of helmet, or to a bicycle.