1 of my kit reviewers, Seth Grotzke, has been testing the Osprey Duro 6l rucksack. The pack is component of the brand’s trail operating collection.
- Soft, breathable mesh for back and straps
- Front zipped pocket (behind left flask pocket)
- A number of zip pockets (one particular designated for optional internal hydration sleeve)
- A number of PowerMesh™ pockets
- Pack-vest style match with dual adjustable/removable sternum straps (not conventional clips)
- Reflective graphics
- Soft flask stabilising pouch
- Stow-on-the-Go™ trekking pole attachment
- Stretch mesh side pockets
- Twin Hydraulics™ 500ml Soft Flasks with extension hose and bite valve
- Compatible with Hydraulics™ LT Reservoir
- Weight: .31 kg
- Retail price tag: £90
- See Osprey.
Pros: What’s superior about the Osprey Duro 6L?
Pack design and style: The Duro 6L has a lot of pockets. There is a zipped compartment for the integrated hydration reservoir a zipped crucial pocket with divided mesh organisation and a big zipped compartment for added layers, snacks or emergency kit.
All the things is then held tight by a mesh outer pocket with buckles, excellent for maintaining a windshell or any soggy garments in the open air so as to facilitate drying.
On the shoulder straps there are dual flask pockets every single with an further stuff pocket and a zippered telephone pocket beneath the left flask (which fits the iPhone 6s Plus).
Hydration: The Hydraulics™ hydration program by Osprey provides you the solution of a reservoir, flasks or each reservoir and flask. I would likely only ever use each at the identical time if I have been to be heading to the mountains for an all day run with no water access.
The soft flasks with bite valves are good for the reason that you do not have to juggle bottles or pull something out though operating. They offer you a lot of liquid with restricted stress, so you do not have to genuinely clamp down challenging with your teeth.
Although this item does not come with the Hydraulics™ reservoir, you can add it in and the speedy release program operates properly. This makes it possible for you to pull out the bladder, fill, clean, and so on. devoid of messing with the hose.
It then has a magnetic clip for the hydration hose on on the chest strap to facilitate effortless access and fastening though on the run.
Match and Ride: The pack is somewhat light (310 grams, based on what size you opt for). The clips across the chest are effortless to adjust on the move and adapt properly to varying weights and sizes for the duration of the run.
The mesh fabric on the shoulder straps and fabric touching your back aids to enhance airflow, generating the warmer days a small additional bearable.
Bits and pieces: As with the other components of this pack, the zips are superior top quality. They contain plastic loops for effortless gripping even with cold fingers or gloves.
There are a couple elastic bands on the shoulders for several makes use of and function for operating pole fasteners.
See what you can match in this pack:
Cons: What’s not so superior about the Osprey Duro 6L?
There are a handful of methods that the pack could enhanced. The mouth opening on the hydration flasks are compact, generating it tricky to add any powders to your flasks, in particular though moving.
With all the possibilities for pockets, there is not a committed
watertight pocket or sleeve.
The pole integration is not quickly accessible.
Although the profile of the pack is somewhat compact, on genuinely hot days it can nevertheless be excessive. If there have been a way to trim that down some of it would genuinely advantage these who struggle with the heat.
Osprey Duro 6l in images
More than all, I was pleased with this pack and would propose it
for a person:
- Seeking for a comfy and versatile hydration vest
- Who will be operating races or hiking for various hours at a time
- Wanting an adjustable pack produced of top quality components.
Who should really appear elsewhere?
- Somebody who desires a pack merely hold their telephone and a water bottle
- Somebody requiring the subsequent size up for multi-day excursions
I enjoyed testing this pack and strategy to use it frequently for
instruction and operating in the mountains.
- Comply with Seth Grotzke on Twitter. Thanks to Seth for the images.