In this episode, we sit down with author Franklin Horton to talk about his book series The Borrowed Planet. It is a story about an daily non-super-ninja guy who finds himself far from household and surviving a terrorist attack, and it is crippling effects. And the book wrestles with one thing a lot of of us be concerned about: What if SHTF even though I’m traveling?
What would you do if you have been hundreds of miles from household and a terrorist attack crippled the nation? If you had to stroll household, could you make the arduous trek on foot?
These concerns frequently weigh on my thoughts when traveling. Thoughts of how to get household and what would take place to loved ones for the duration of that period run wild by way of my thoughts.
Your thoughts turn to exactly where and how to procure improvised survival tools, getting firearms, and how crazy would persons be along the way. There are a lot of variables. And most of the outcomes are harsh at greatest.
Thankfully, Horton shared the similar thoughts and wrote a complete series of prepper fiction about this concept.
Subjects from The Borrowed Planet Discussed:
- Who is author Franklin Horton
- How he got into writing
- How he got into prepping
- What he does in his day job and how it played a part in crafting the Borrowed Planet Series
- How surviving a terrorist attack sets the state for the series
- How a adore backpacking can inform a prepper’s gear choices
- What’s the greatest $100 he ever spent on prepp and the piece of gear he feels is most critical
- How he wove sensible survival information and facts into the story without the need of producing it a technical manual
- The most significant takeaway he desires readers to get from these books
- What are his EDC crucial things
- Which authors inspire Franklin Horton
- His prepper pet peeves
- His go to apocalypse rifle
This episode of the ITRH Book Club is brought to you by Audible. We are lovers of audio as well. And listening has permitted us to ultimately get about to reading some of the greats in apocalyptic fiction. Right here are two of our all-time favorites:
Get your no cost audiobook and 30-day Audible trial by applying the banner under. More than 180,000 titles to pick out from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player. It is quickly and straightforward.
But fair warning, you will come to be addicted!