XS Sights not too long ago introduced its newest firearm accessory, the XS RAM Evening Sights. The RAM Evening Sights function a 3-dot tritium pattern for enhanced contrast in vibrant and low light circumstances.
The RAM (radioactive material) evening sights function a blacked out rear sight. This increases contrast against the front sight, which comes in vibrant orange or green.
The front sight characteristics XS’s proprietary Ember Glow Dot technologies, which absorbs ambient light and glows in low light. The front tritium lamp in the RAM sight charges the Ember Glow Dot, generating the front sight glow brighter than the rear, maintaining one’s concentrate downrange.
“Our higher-efficiency evening sights are goal driven tools fine-tuned for Law Enforcement use,” mentioned Zack Kinsley, Promoting Manager for XS Sights. “Having our personal tritium license has substantially strengthened our capabilities. We now test and use raw supplies we didn’t have prior access to, resulting in broader and extra sophisticated item offerings that assure front sight visibility at all occasions.”
RAM Evening Sights overcome 3 popular challenges with three-dot tritium sights:
- Confusing the front dot with a single of the rear sight dots when beneath anxiety
- The brightly colored Ember Glow Dot in the RAM front sight is a significantly brighter colour which differentiates the front dot from the two rear dots.
- The two-dot tritium rear sight glowing brighter than the front sight drawing the eyes there alternatively of towards the downrange threat.
- The Ember front sight is brighter than the rear tritium lamps.
- Tight sight photos
- RAM Evening Sights use a notch that is 15% wider than the front sight, permitting extra visible light about the front sight. This tends to make it less complicated to see the front sight in altering light circumstances and when shooting on the move, aiding in sight alignment and growing accuracy.
Other crucial characteristics include things like a rear sight overhang that reduces glare in vibrant light for higher sight definition. The anti-reflective rear tritium lenses also lessen glare in daylight even though growing contrast against the front sight. RAM sights also have a rear sight ledge to help in a single-handed slide manipulations, according to XS Sights.
As for colour option, the orange front sight contrasts most effective in vibrant light and the green glows most effective in low light nonetheless, people today see colour differently and eyesight challenges can influence which colour performs most effective for every person.
The steel RAM Evening Sights are incredibly tough and quick to set up by hand or with a sight pusher tool, according to XS Sights. All tritium sights from XS are backed by a 10-year, No-Inquiries-Asked Warranty. Front blade width is .145” (three.68 mm) and the notch width is .170” (four.32 mm). Though height varies by model, all models match regular holster possibilities.
- 17, 19, 22, 23, 24, 26, 27, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, & 36
- 20, 21, 29, 30, 37, 30S, 40, & 41
- 42, 43, 43X, & 48
- P225, P226, P228, P229, P320, SP2009 & SP2340
Smith and Wesson
- M&P Complete-size & compact
- M&P Shield
The sights retail amongst $100-$120, based on the model. For extra information and facts, stop by xssights.com.