Two years of testing to bring you the truth in this Arc’teryx Atom Vest overview. Lightweight, windproof and lightly insulated, the Atom vest is the excellent mid layer for moderate output activities. More than the final year, I have worn this vest snowshoeing in the Canadian Rockies, skiing in the Kootenays, fat biking in the Percells, hiking in the Himalayas, and horse riding in Mongolia. This vest can do it all!
As a chronically cold individual, this ‘core heater’ is now an vital item in my layering technique. And this is coming from the girl who hated vests for a lengthy time. I just usually located them also bulky or also hot. I am chronically cold (in my extremities) but when I get moving, I sweat. I required a vest like this: insulted just sufficient to maintain your heat, but not more than heat and let for the moisture to escape.
My initially use of this vest was in the spring, skiing in Newfoundland. The climate is damp and it is pretty windy. I loved how this weightless vest could go beneath any jacket and maintain out the damp chill.
Subsequent, the Atom vest and I headed off to the Himalayas. Cold mornings, icey winds and beating sun is what the Everest area delivers in Could. The Atom vest was worn as my most important shell layer to present just the suitable quantity of insulation even though trekking at 13,000+ feet.
Then we went riding in Mongolia. And riding horseback in June, it is nonetheless cool in the mornings and you cannot ride with a pack. I appreciate the pockets for uncomplicated camera and cash storage that was usually with me. Plus it reduce the 35 km/hr windchill from trotting along the steppes.
The Atom vest hasn’t let me down however. We’ve skied, fat biked and snowshoed six resorts in the mountains of Alberta and BC more than the final two winters and its great for a pow day or a climb up a skin track.
Arc’teryx Atom Vest Specs
- Wind resistant
- Compressible and packable
- No Slip Zip front zipper
- Mid-height collar layers quickly
- Stand up collar
- Breathable, stretch side panels for enhanced comfort and mobility
- Composite Mapping Technologies strategically locations every single fabric for most efficient protection and climate management
- Trim match for base layer or light mid-layer use
- DWR (Sturdy Water Repellent) finish repels moisture
- Adjustable hem cord seals out drafts
- Two hand pockets with zippers
- Coreloft Compact 40 insulation (40 g/m). Extremely crimped, multi-denier siliconized polyester yarn that has undergone a unique procedure which reduces the thickness of the material by 50%, without the need of lowering its insulation worth by the exact same quantity. Lightweight, breathable, thermally effective 100% polyester fibre.
- Tyono 20, 100% nylon
- Torrent 190 with Polygiene- 84% polyester, 16% elastane – side panels
The match is bang on. The collar is the great height. The pockets are ideally placed. Arc’teryx nailed it and that is all you have to have to know.
All hyperlinks really should be regarded affiliate hyperlinks. By making use of these hyperlinks, you are assisting assistance the weblog. Gear is received for no cost in the hope of featuring it on the weblog. I will only refer you to products I consider present great worth.
Share Your Thoughts About This Post