We all have that one particular mate who loves to cook up a storm at camp, but with the proper tools and some recommendations and tricks from our specialist group you also can cook up the tastiest track side meals to rival these identified in up-town fine dining restaurants.
To make certain you have every little thing you want when you hit camp, you undoubtedly want to appear into the extensive variety of cooking gear obtainable from 4WD Supacentre. By kitting oneself up with the proper gear, you will have every little thing you want to show all your mates who seriously knows what they are undertaking in the bush kitchen.
One particular of the essentials you Should bring with you is a trusted and cost-effective Adventure Kings Kings Transportable Meat Smoker, this versatile and function packed unit is not only cost-effective but one particular of the finest investments you can make for your camping setup, enabling you to grill bake fry, dehydrate and even slow cook, all working with easy BBQ heat beads or seasoned firewood.
It requires much more than just a strong fuel cooker to prep the tastiest meals, so do not leave meals prep on the backburner either, with a Kings four-Piece Camping Chef’s Knives Kit meal prep is a cinch with a razor sharp chefs knife and a paring knife and serrated bread knife, there is no meal that will go un-prepped.
No camp kitchen is total without the need of a sturdy and uncomplicated to use perform surface, which is why you undoubtedly want to verify out the Kings Transportable Alloy Camping Table which requires just 30 seconds to set up providing you a 680mm higher perform surface to prep meals, and as a camping dinner table.
Now you have the essentials sorted, you should really study a factor or two about how to cook oneself some Low & Slow Smoked BBQ Lollipop Chicken.
Prep Time: 30 Mins
Cooking Time: 1hr 10mins
What you will want:
- 12 Chicken Drumsticks
- A great poultry or pork rub
- A great BBQ sauce
- 2x six-hole muffin trays
- Aluminium foil
- A foil tray
- Kitchen shears
- Apple or cherry woodchips
- Ignite your Kings Transportable Smoker and get the temperature sitting about 155°C – 160°C and spread woodchips out for smoking.
- Fill the bottom of each and every muffin mould on your muffin tray with a great chunk of butter each and every and set aside for chicken to be placed in more than the butter.
- Take a chicken drumstick and with the Chefs knife from your Kings four-Piece Kitchen Knife set reduce all the way about the leg about 1-2cms below the knuckle making sure to reduce all tendons.
- Get rid of the knuckle by working with your thumb operating from the longer side of the knuckle pulling up and more than the finish of the leg exposing the bone.
- Hold the knuckle finish of the drumstick and location your other hand about the best of the meat and pull down to make a ball at the bottom of the drumstick. You should really see the pin bone operating alongside the leg bone, take away as significantly as you can by snapping it off as low as attainable.
- Take your kitchen shears and reduce off any excess tendons exposed at the best of your “ball” to clean it up.
- Take your aluminium foil and wrap tightly about the exposed leg bone to give the bone a clean whiter appear (optional)
- Take your rub and evenly coat each and every drumstick and location it on best of the butter in your muffin tray so the legs are sitting straight up. Repeat till all are performed.
- Spot your muffin trays on each and every tier of your Kings Transportable Smoker and smoke for about an hour or till cooked by means of.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking, use a Kings two Burner Gas Stove to heat your BBQ sauce in your Kings Skillet, Bedourie Camp Oven or a saucepan with about 50 grams of butter to thin it out. Do not let the sauce to boil, you want it just just before simmer point.
- Get rid of your chicken from the smoker and dip each and every drumstick into your sauce making sure the meat is absolutely submerged and location them all into your foil tray
- Spot them back in the smoker for 10 mins to set the sauce.
- Get rid of from the smoker and delight in!
Serve hot with a mac n cheese for a certain-fire campsite favourite!
For much more recommendations and tricks for cooking the finest meals on the tracks or any other information and facts about your camp setup head to www.4WDSupacentre.com.au contact us on 1800 88 39 64 or go to us in-shop to get the most recent bargains and speak one particular on one particular with an specialist!