E151: How to Select a Knife for Survival and EDC
How to pick out a knife is a prevalent quandary. There are lots of possibilities. There are so lots of items to contemplate. In this episode, we sit down with Marshall of GoingGear.com to answer these concerns.
This is a single of our favored subjects: Knives! They typically do not get sufficient air time right here. But they are a single of the most essential and simple tools of survival. And it does not matter if it is for EDC (Every single Day Carry) or for trekking by means of the woods. A excellent knife’s worth can not be stressed sufficient.
Standard considerations for a knife subjects discussed:
- What’s the most valuable size of a pocket knife?
- What are the ideal locking mechanisms and why are they essential?
- What items does Marshal contemplate when seeking at pocket knives for himself?
- What knife point kind tends to make the most senses to you for pocket knives?
- What is the ideal deal with material for pocket knives?
- Are knife super-steels all hype?
- What are the new super-steels these days?
- What’s the story on Elmax steel?
- How do A2 and D2 tool steels hold up for knives?
- What are the top rated brands in pocket knives—excluding the super higher-finish custom stuff?
- What’s the large fuss about Zero Tolerance knives?
- What’s the most valuable blade length for a fixed blade knife?
- What are items to you contemplate when seeking at a excellent fixed blade camping knife?
- What are items to you take into account when seeking at a excellent fixed blade bushcraft knife?
- Does blade grind kind/geometry actually matter in a fixed blade knife?
- What are the ideal deal with components for fixed blade knives?
- To complete tang or not to care about complete tang, does it matter?
Knife Episode Sources: